The regular entry fee is $6 per. WZZ members are charged only $4. That’s $2 off each entry. If one enters 7 brews (the contest max), that’s a $14 savings.
So, to take advantage of the discount, get current on your club dues ($25), or at least get current when you turn in your entries. Registration opens March 15th, and judge and steward registration opens March 1st. Entries are accepted between April 5th and 19th.
Thanks Mac O’brien and thanks Tom Baldwin for hosting a great meeting/party last Saturday night. And thanks to all who came. There were some very interesting beers that were sampled, and thanks for those who contributed. Good food too! Thanks to all who brought some.
Stay tuned here on this site for specific information on the next meeting.
“Caribbean Dreams”, yes wouldn’t it be nice. Let’s get together and fake it, with our island shirts, shorts, flip-flops, and whatever; a WZZ January tradition for many years, thanks to Mac Obrien.
- When: January 11th, a Saturday night, starting at 6:00 PM.
- Where: Mac Obrien’s and Tom Baldwin’s place
Address: 4385 Lloyd Way, Reno. (Below’s the map.)
- Food and Drink: No specific food themes or brewing styles, just bring what you feel like to share.
- Items for discussion might include:
- The upcoming Great Basin Brew-off
- This website
- The Affordable Care Act (just trying to lighten the mood here).
- We might try a group beer evaluation session, according to BJCP style guidelines (What in the beer is “to style” and what is “not to style”). I think someone is bringing an Oktoberfest, along with a reputable commercial example.
Hope to see you there!